Friday 9 August 2013

I will not change my natural instinct which is to be aggressive, says Virat Kohli



New Delhi :  India's explosive batsman Virat Kohli on Wednesday said there is nothing wrong in being aggressive on the field and sees no reason for changing his approach, the criticism by some former cricketers notwithstanding.

Kohli, who captained India to a 5-0 whitewash of Zimbabwe in the one-day series recently, was criticised by former cricketers and commentators and they wanted him to shed his hyperactive demeanour.

Reacting to the 24-year-old Delhi player's angry reactions and arguments with the on-field umpires after he was given out by the third umpire in the second One-Day International (ODI) July 26 in Harare, the former stalwarts said he should change his attitude, more so as he was the captain.

"The criticism has been with me for a long time and I had said before that I do not intend to cross the line at any point of time. But I will not change my natural instinct which is to be aggressive as it helps me to focus and concentrate on my game," he told IANS on the sidelines of a promotional event Cinthol Challenge Virat.

"Crossing the line is not on at all and I wouldn't do it at any point of time. But when you have an emotional overflow, you tend to make a mistake. I am human and not a machine. Everyone makes mistakes and the point is we must learn from and not repeat them."



The Zimbabwe tour was the first one where he was designated as captain for the entire series.

"Being a captain is a very different experience, there is a lot at stake. It is probably the biggest post in sports in our country so obviously it comes with a lot of pressure and responsibility. I really enjoy each and every moment of it. It brings a lot of challenges along with it and I want to live up to them. I have enjoyed my stint," said Kohli, who also leads the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (IPL).

The regular India vice-captain added that a series against minnows like Zimbabwe is as important as any other.

"A lot of players benefited from the series, many of them getting the opportunity after being in the dressing room for two-three months. They had to get some games and in international cricket even if you score runs in a side game, it boosts your confidence."

"Scoring runs and getting wickets in any game gives you confidence and everyone realises that. I think the series was as important as any other and it is for the individual how prepares for it."

[Via : NDTV]

0 comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By WeLoveViratKohli

Post a Comment

Leave back some comments folks!