Thursday 8 August 2013

MS Dhoni hard to contact when on a holiday, says Virat Kohli


New Delhi : Star batsman Virat Kohli on Wednesday said the tips he picked up from skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the West Indies proved beneficial for him while leading a young Indian team in Zimbabwe, where they inflicted a 5-0 series whitewash on the hosts.

Kohli had captained the Indian side in three One-dayers in the West Indies when Dhoni was sidelined after hurting his hamstring in the first match of the tri-nation series.


"He (Dhoni) is a guy who doesn't say much. But I keep talking to him about different situations and what I could do and how should I keep myself calm in pressure situations while captaining the side. It helped me chatting to him in the West Indies when he wasn't playing and I was captaining the side. All the tips he gave me really helped me," Kohli said when asked about Dhoni's influence on him as a leader.



India recorded their first-ever ODI series whitewash on the foreign soil when they trounced Zimbabwe 5-0.

Kohli said he has not been able to speak to Dhoni after Zimbabwe win since Dhoni is presently enjoying a break.

"When he goes away for a holiday it is very hard to contact him. I tried to message him on the phone but I couldn't reach. I guess I'll be seeing him soon and speak to him about it (Zimbabwe win)," Kohli told reporters on the sidelines of a promotional event here. 

[Via:Sports.NDTV]

0 comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: By WeLoveViratKohli

Post a Comment

Leave back some comments folks!